

One of the most difficult things in life is going to college in the middle of summer. There are not enough hours in a day to finish all of the homework to be done, movies to be watched, sun to soak up, softball to be played, dances to be danced & classes to attend. My life has been completely consumed by the books. Softball and stomp have become my hours of stress relief! However, to play my sport for this school is worth 40+ hours a week of homework. I honestly cannot remember the last time I was so completely and utterly happy!
I play for the the BYU-Idaho Competitive Softball team, and we're named (ironically) the THUNDER. I love my team, and everyone has talent for the sport. Our first official game of the season was last Friday, the 20th, and we hit it off (literally) with a win! 1st time up to bat in 3 years, and I hit a double! (I ended up scoring a run, and then hit a single to which I eventually got home as well!) Providing 2 runs for our team, I felt pretty satisfied with myself. Oh yeah! I also performed an incredibly humiliating belly flop while diving back to 3rd on the 2nd time around the bags. It's always good to get a little dirt on the jersey. (:
I also made the BYU-Idaho Collegiate Dance team. I am performing in a stomp number, and could not be happier! Similar to the dances performed in the movie Stomp the Yard, it is a dance where body percussion is the only music. The beats we have put together so far are pretty sick, and I can't get the rhythms out of my head! Our first practice was on Friday as well, and I have the bruises on my thighs to prove it. Life cannot get much better than this. (:
I am pretty much living the vida loca out here, but I wouldn't have it any other way. I miss my familia a lot, and wish I could see them more often. The smell of sprinklers and fresh cut grass from my window makes me homesick. July will be here pretty quick though. I just gotta keep my head down and in my studies.
Well, I have officially run out of things to say today, and who knows when I'll be able to post next. Hello to another awesome week of chaos. Cross your fingers for me!
No comments:
Post a Comment